积分

管理员

积分

荣誉管理论坛元老

发表于 2015-6-11 17:50:08 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

端午节

端午节
端午节就要到啦,吃货们不要只盯着粽子了。不要告诉我你还不知道端午节用英语怎么说哦~
首先,端午节的英文很形象——“The dragon boat festival ”。(老外还是看重运动多于美食啊,居然叫龙舟节而不是叫粽子节,广大吃货一定不服气)。当然了,也有别的说法的,比如Tuen Ng Festival or Duan Wu Festival,只是这些说法没有前者那么普遍吧。

虽然是我们自己的节日,可是很多同胞可能只会百度今年的端午哪天放假,忘记到底怎么看哪天是端午节吧~ 端午节作为我们的传统节日,是在每年的农历5月5日哦——“the fifth day of the fifth lunar month”。

注意

注意
这里很容易出错呢,毕竟说到五月大家自然而然会想起“May”,然而,这并不正确!!!农历的月份和公历的单词不通用。

说起节日,自然少不了去追问它的来历了。这个大家还都是知道的吧,是为了纪念投江的屈原先生!粽子也是为了不让屈原被鱼吃了,才被发明的。下面就看一下屈原故事吧:

屈原

屈原
Qu was a minister of the State of Chu situated in present-day Hunan and Hubei provinces, during the Warring States Period (475-221BC)(战国时期). He was upright, loyal and highly esteemed for his wise counsel that brought peace and prosperity to the state. However, when a dishonest and corrupt prince vilified Qu, he was disgraced and dismissed from office. Realizing that the country was now in the hands of evil and corrupt officials, Qu grabbed a large stone and leapt into the Miluo River on the fifth day of the fifth month. Nearby fishermen rushed over to try and save him but were unable to even recover his body. Thereafter, the state declined and was eventually conquered by the State of Qin.
(文章大意:屈原是战国时期楚国的一位大夫,他渴望自己的国家富强和平。然而,他并不被重用。看到国家被奸臣当权,他在五月初五毅然投江。附近的渔民试图救他,却连尸体也找不到。此后不久,楚国就被秦国消灭了)

端午节的习俗很多,例如赛龙舟、吃粽子都是少不了的!

赛龙舟:

端午 赛龙舟

端午 赛龙舟
The dragon-boat races symbolize the many attempts to rescue and recover Qu's body. A typical dragon boat ranges from 50-100 feet in length, with a beam of about 5.5 feet, accommodating two paddlers seated side by side.

吃粽子:

粽子

粽子
During the Duanwu Festival, a glutinous rice pudding called zong zi is eaten to symbolize the rice offerings to Qu. Ingredients such as beans, lotus seeds, chestnuts, pork fat and the golden yolk of a salted duck egg are often added to the glutinous rice. The pudding is then wrapped with bamboo leaves, bound with a kind of raffia and boiled in salt water for hours.

最后呢,再给大家介绍几条端午节短信吧,节日总是要慰问一下朋友呢,哈哈。不过英文版的是不是只能发给外国友人呢?
1、我是粽叶你是米,一层一层裹住你,香香甜甜粘住你,粽子里有多少米,代表我有多想你,记得给我发信息,不然粽子噎死你!端午节快乐!
I was metres Zongye you are, you layer a Guozhu, Xiangxiang sweet Nianzhu you, dumplings, the number of meters, how would you represent me, I remember the information, or dumplings Yesi you! Happy Dragon Boat Festival!

2、一颗心迁挂着你,一份爱祝福着你,一份真感情在等待着你的回应。祝端午节快乐!
Moved to a hung your heart, a love of your blessing, a true feelings are waiting for your response. I wish a happy Dragon Boat Festival!

回复

使用道具 举报

主题

帖子

积分

超级版主

积分
发表于 2015-6-17 12:46:23 | 显示全部楼层
涨姿势了,真不知道端午节原来叫The dragon boat festival
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

关闭

站长推荐上一条 /3 下一条

阿卡索英语试课大礼包

领取一节外教课|手机版|阿卡索官方社区

GMT+8, 2024-5-3 12:43 , Processed in 0.157873 second(s), 28 queries .