兔斯基 发表于 2016-5-19 15:22:34

口语话题——麦当劳

Mike: Let's go get something to eat.
Emi: Oh, I'm starving. hey, there's a McDonald's up ahead.

Mike: There's always a McDonalds up ahead. Everywhere you turn there's another blasted McDonald's.
Emi: What's wrong with that? Hey, they're convenient.

Mike:They're too convenient! Anything would be convenient if it could be found on every street corner. I'm just plain sick of seeing the "Golden Arches" everywhere I turn.
Emi: I like McDonald's

Mike: I'm sick of McDonald's. Did you know that there's over 8,000restaurants in the U.S. alone and over 11,000 franchises (专卖店)worldwide? By the year 2020, everyone will eat at McDonald's everyday!
Emi: They're definitely everywhere. But they must be doing something right; they've sold over 100 billion burgers. They're even in Japan. Did you know they even put special Japanese sauces on some of their burgers in Japan?

Mike: They do not.
Emi: Yes. they do. I promise.

Mike: Whatever. I just don't think their food isn't all that great.
Emi: But at least their product is consistent; you know exactly what you're going to get every time you go there.

Mike: Did you know that their mascot, (吉祥物)RonaldMcDonald is now recognized by 96 percent of all American schoolchildren? They are the largest minimum-wage employer in America and own more real estate than any other company on earth.
Emi: I heard that a person working at a McDonald's in Moscow makes more than the average Russian doctor does.

Mike: That's disgusting! But I do believe in capitalism, so I guess that's okay. The average McDonald's franchise rakes in (捞钱,敛财)over $ 1 million dollars a year. They say that one in every seven American millionaires got their start at McDonald's..
Emi: All this food trivia is making me hungry. Let's hurry and find a fast food place.

Mike: Okay. What do you feel like eating?
Emi: I've got this intense craving for a Big Mac.
Mike: I just lose my appetite.

页: [1]
查看完整版本: 口语话题——麦当劳