Amily爱美丽 发表于 2016-5-11 18:02:05

《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第8部分)

《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第8部分)
1. I don't want to talk to you about my love life anymore. It weirds me out.weird somebody out: if something weirds you out, it is so strange that it makes you feel uncomfortable or worried 例:I don't mean to weird you out.(我不是故意恶心你。)That movie totally weirded me out.(看完这部电影我感觉很憋屈。)1. Hi, Mike. I brought you a little housewarming gift.housewarming: a party that you give to celebrate moving into a new house例:Are you coming to Jo's housewarming on Friday?(周五你会不会去乔的乔迁派对?)a housewarming party(乔迁派对)throw together: to make something such as a meal quickly and not very carefully例:He threw some dinner together for his friends.(他胡乱做了点吃的招呼朋友。)There's lots of food in the fridge - I'm sure I can throw something together.(冰箱里有很多食材,我肯定能整点吃的出来。) 1. That's great. I'd invite you both in, but I was sort of in the middle of something.be in the middle of (doing) something: to be busy doing something例:She was in the middle of a heated argument with her dad.(她正跟她爸进行激烈的争吵。)Can I call you back - I'm in the middle of a meeting.(我稍后给你回电话,我正忙着开会。) I was in the middle of sorting some papers when the phone rang.(电话响的时候,我正忙着整理文件。)例:We can afford to wait a while longer.(我们可以再等一会儿没关系。)We can't afford to wait any longer or we'll miss the plane.(我们不能再等了,再等就赶不上飞机了!) She's already too thin. She can't afford to lose any more weight.(她已经太瘦了,不能再减肥了!)=she can ill afford to lose any more weight.1. Good news travels quickly. Edie Britt was the most predatory divorcee in a 5-block radius.
Good news travels quickly. 好消息总会不胫而走,好事传千里。radius: 原意是“直径”,这里的意思是''an area that covers a particular distance in all directions from a central point'',即“方圆”例:More than 100,000 students live within a 10-mile radius of the university.(=within 10 miles of the university)(这所大学方圆10英里内住着10万多学生。)There are three restaurants within a one-block radius of our apartment.(我们家一个街区范围内有三个餐厅。)The shock of the explosion was felt over a radius of forty miles.(在爆炸点方圆40英里外都能感觉到爆炸。) The museum is expected to draw people from a wide radius.(博物馆应该会吸引远近很多人来参观。)
It's just something I threw together.You can't order me around like I'm a child.
order somebody around: to give someone orders in an annoying or threatening way 指挥某人,对某人指手画脚 备注:在英式英语中,常用''order somebody about''。例:He was tired of being ordered around by his parents and teachers.(他受够了父母和老师叫自己做什么自己就得做什么。)You can't just come in here and start ordering people around.(你不能空降到此就对别人指手画脚的。)How dare he order her about like that?(他怎么敢那样对她指手画脚的?!)
1. I can't afford to lose this job.
afford to do something: to be able to do something without having problems or being seriously harmed

巧媚飞舞 发表于 2016-5-13 11:26:52

我也想写这类的文章,可惜单词量还是不太够
页: [1]
查看完整版本: 《绝望主妇》S01E01学习笔记(第8部分)